• The Lakeside High School Athletic department’s Oysters and Low Country Boil is Saturday, Feb. 16, at 7 p.m. at the Jones Creek Golf Club. Tickets are $40 in advance. Call coach Meyers at (706) 550-1850.
• A dinner and silent auction to benefit the Greenbrier High School cheerleading and softball teams is Feb. 23 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the school. The spaghetti dinner is $8 and benefits the GHS band. Contact Garrett Black at (706) 650-6040 ext. 150 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Register for the Georgia Sting Lady Basketball 3 on 3 Girls Basketball Tournament, at Evans Middle School from noon to 12:45 p.m. today, with games at 1 p.m. It is open to teams of fourth- through eighth-grade girls and costs $20.
• Register for Columbia County spring baseball and softball for ages 5 to 14. Go to columbiacountyga.gov. Ends Feb. 15.
• Registration for adult softball in the Columbia County Recreation League begins with a meeting Feb. 21 at 6 p.m. at Patriots Park for the team representatives. There will be an open league, a co-ed league, a ladies league and a church league. Call Justin Goolsby or Johnny Swint at (706) 267-0725 or email@example.com.
• Register for the Strength for Sawyer 5k/One Mile Fun Run at 8 a.m. March 9 at Savannah Rapids. The fun run costs $8; K-12 track team and family registration (4-7 members) is $100 and individual 5K registration is $25. Registration closing date is March 1. Money will go to the Children’s Organ Transplant Association, a charity helping raise funds for Martinez third-grader Sawyer Mobley’s double lung transplant. Go to www.active.com and use the keyword sawyer.
• Register for the Great Wesley Chase 5KRun/Walk and Fun Run on March 16 at 8:30 a.m. at Wesley United Methodist Church. Early registration deadline is Feb. 27. Fun run costs $12; Augusta Striders Club, student and military cost is $17. After Feb. 27, cost is $25.
• Register for the Cloverleaf Duathlon, a two-mile run, 10-mile bike, and a two-mile run, March 16, at 8 a.m. at the Riverwood Plantation in Evans. Cost is $40 for individuals, $60 for a team of two, and $70 for a team of three, with prices increasing $10 on race day. Register at any Family Y or at www.thefamilyy.org. Contact Shonna Sargent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Martinez Evans Little League baseball registration for boys and girls 4-to-16 years old for the 2013 season is open at www.mellbaseball.org. Call (415) 246-0143.
• Registration is open for Marshall Family Y youth soccer for ages 3 to 12 at Evans and Grovetown locations. The season starts mid-March. Call (706) 364 3269.
• The AAU 17-year-old boys Showtime travel basketball team of Augusta has tryouts Saturday, Feb. 16 at Patriot’s Park at 5 p.m. Surrounding county players are welcome to tryout. Contact coach Thomas Scott at (757) 303-4397 or email@example.com.
• Georgia Sting Lady Basketball tryouts for fourth- through eighth-grade girls AAU basketball at Evans Middle School, Saturday, Feb. 16 are from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for tryout times or call (706) 830-6804.
• The Columbia County Community Connections Golf Tournament is March 23 at the Bartram Trail Golf Course. A catered lunch is at noon with first tee-off at 1 p.m. Cost is $60 per person with proceeds going to CCCC, a local non-profit organization that works to make children safe, healthy and educated. Sign up individually or as a team at www.connectcolumbia.golfreg.com. To sign up or to become a sponsor, call Paul Miller at (706) 556-0609.
• Columbia County Titans 11U travel team seeks experienced players for the upcoming season. Players must be 11 or under as of May 1. Contact Daniel Leeworthy at (762) 444-7598 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Players interested in playing in the 11U Columbia County baseball travel ball league and in Ga. baseball travel ball, call (706) 825-2269.
• CSRA Force Fastpitch softball needs 14-16 year old girls for its 16U 2013 roster. Call Wayne Wilson at (706) 564-5357.
• The 12U Columbia County Mudcats need players. Players can’t turn 13 until after May 1. Call Tripp Lonergan at (706) 825-6690.
• The 10U Georgia Lightning baseball team needs players for the upcoming season. Players can’t turn 11 before May 1. Contact Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
• The Georgia Frenzy fastpitch softball needs a few girls for its 16U roster. Call Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753.