• The Columbia County 4-H S.A.F.E. Clay Pigeon Target Sporting Program enrollment meeting for students in the seventh through 12 grades is Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the Savannah Rapids Pavillion. A parent or guardian must attend. The yearly club fee is $135 and members must have a hunter safety card. For information on acquiring a hunter safety card, go to www.columbia4htrap.org. For information, call (706) 541-4011.
• Registration is open for the 5th Annual Panther 5K Run/Walk on Saturday at Lakeside High School. The half-mile run begins at 8:45 a.m. and the 5K at 9 a.m. The 5K cost is $20 through Feb. 1 and $25 on race day while the half-mile run is $10. Proceeds will fund the Lisa Meitin Memorial Scholarship. To register go to www.panther5k.com or Panther5kRun on Facebook.
• Register for the 3rd Annual Frosty’s 5! 5k Run/Walk on Feb. 9, at 9 a.m. at Greenbrier High School. Mail-in registration through Feb. 1 is $25 for adults and $15 for students and $25 on race day. All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society and the first 100 participants will receive a T-shirt. Go to www.sites.google.com/site/ghsfrosty5k/.
• Register for the Strength for Sawyer 5k/One Mile Fun Run on March 9, at 8 a.m. at Savannah Rapids. The fun run cost is $8; K-12 track team and family registration (4-7 members) is $100 and individual 5K registration is $25. Registration closing date is March 1. Money raised will go to the Children’s Organ Transplant Association, a national charity helping raise funds for Martinez third-grader Sawyer Mobley’s double lung transplant. Go to www.active.com and use the keyword sawyer.
• Register for the Great Wesley Chase 5KRun/Walk and Fun Run on March 16 beginning at 8:30 a.m. at Wesley United Methodist Church, 825 North Belair Road in Evans. Early registration deadline is Feb. 27. Fun run cost is $12; Augusta Striders Club, student and military cost is $17. After Feb. 27, cost is $25. All proceeds will go to two Afghan children through Solace for the Children. Go to www.wesleyumc.net.
• Martinez Evans Little League baseball registration for boys and girls 4-to-16 years old for the 2013 season is open at www.mellbaseball.org. Call (415) 246-0143.
• The 12U Columbia County Mudcats need players. Players can’t turn 13 until after
May 1. Call Tripp Lonergan at (706) 825-6690.
• The 10U Georgia Lightning baseball team needs players for the upcoming season. Players can’t turn 11 before May 1. Contact Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
• The Georgia Frenzy fastpitch softball needs a few girls for its 16U roster. Call Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753.