Help support the Evans Knights Pop Warner football and cheer teams by using the Sparkle Car Wash on Washington Road, Evans. Use code 3047 during October.
Registration for Columbia County Recreation Winter youth basketball ends Nov. 9 at Patriots Park or online. Cost is $70 for first child, $60 for second child and $50 for third child. Call (706) 863-7523 or go to www.columbiacountyga.gov.
The Patriots Park Fall Disc Golf Challenge is Nov. 17. Beginner and intermediate divisions, limited to 30 participants, will play 18 holes beginning at 10 a.m. Registration is $15 and must be completed by Nov. 16 at the Patriots Park Administrative Office. Call (706)
• The CSRA Golden Knights are looking for basketball players from ages 10 to 11. Tryouts are Nov. 3 at Patriots Park at 9 a.m. Contact Jon-Michael French at (706) 339-2521 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 10U Georgia Lightning baseball team needs players for the upcoming season. Players can’t turn 11 before May 1. Contact Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
• The Georgia Frenzy fastpitch softball team needs girls for its 16U roster. For more information, call Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753.
• Crushers fastpitch softball is having tryouts for the 2013 14U travel team. Players must be 14 or younger on Jan. 1 to be eligible. Call Tony Gallo at (706) 825-2269 for information.
• The 8U Machine Pitch Travel Team is seeking players. Players must be 8 or younger on May 1. Call Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
• The Columbia County Mudcats 11U travel baseball team needs two players experienced in pitching and catching. Call (706) 825-6690.
• The Columbia County 14U travel baseball team needs players. Pitching is a plus. Call (520) 904-8887.
• To try out for the Georgia Nitro 14U fastpitch travel team, call Bill Browning at (706) 860-7154 or e-mail PhyllisB1947@att.net.