The Columbia County Recreation Department’s last youth football night is Friday at the Grovetown vs. Evans game at Grovetown High School. Those wearing their recreation department team jersey will be admitted free.
• Grovetown High School’s Warrior Touchdown Club is having a “Pink Out” at the Grovetown-Evans football game Friday in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Fans of both teams are encouraged to wear pink. There will be pink face painting, pink ribbons and pink and white balloons on sale with proceeds going to breast cancer research. A fireworks show will follow the game.
• Help support the Evans Knights Pop Warner football and cheer teams by using the Sparkle Car Wash on Washington Road, Evans. Use code 3047 during October.
An informational meeting for the CSRA Heat girls and boys volleyball club will be held at 4 p.m. Oct. 21 at the Hull Fine Arts Center at Augusta Prep. Travel teams and winter clinics for girls in third through 12th grade and boys 14 and under and 16 and under will be discussed. Tryouts begin Nov. 3. Contact Lance Abbott at (706) 860-8539, firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.csraheat.com.
Early bird registration for Columbia County Recreation Winter youth basketball, open for previous participants, is Monday to Friday for a $10 discount on first and second children. It is available online only at https://egov.columbiacountyga.gov/webtrac.
Regular registration is Oct. 22 to Nov. 9 at Patriots Park or online. Cost is $70 for first child, $60 for second child and $50 for third child. Call (706) 863-7523 or go to www.columbiacountyga.gov.
The Patriots Park Fall Disc Golf Challenge is Nov. 17. Beginner and intermediate divisions, limited to 30 participants, will play 18 holes beginning at 10 a.m. Registration is $15 and must be completed by Nov. 16 at the Patriots Park Administrative Office. Call (706)
• The 10U Georgia Lightning baseball team needs players for the upcoming season. Players can’t turn 11 before May 1. Contact Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
• Georgia Frenzy fastpitch softball needs a few girls for its 16U roster. For more information, call Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753.
• Crushers fastpitch softball is having tryouts for the 2013 14U travel team. Players must be 14 or younger on Jan. 1, 2013, to be eligible. Call Tony Gallo at (706) 825-2269 for information.
• The Columbia County 14U travel baseball team needs players. Pitching is a plus. Call (520) 904-8887.
• To try out for the Georgia Nitro 14U fastpitch travel team, call Bill Browning at (706) 860-7154 or e-mail PhyllisB1947@att.net.