The Columbia County Recreation Department’s last youth football night is Friday with Grovetown vs. Evans at Grovetown High School. Those wearing their recreation department team jersey will be admitted free.
An informational meeting for the CSRA Heat girls and boys volleyball club will be held at 4 p.m. Oct. 21 at the Hull Fine Arts Center at Augusta Prep.
Travel teams and winter clinics for girls in third through 12th grade and boys 14 and under and 16 and under will be discussed. Tryouts begin Nov. 3. Contact Lance Abbott at (706) 860-8539, firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.csraheat.com.
• Register for the Sports Academy South 2012 Youth Basketball League for fourth- through eighth-graders through Monday. Cost is $55 per player and $45 for each additional sibling. Register in person at the Liberty Park Community Center or call (706) 495-6663 or e-mail SamuellillyIV@yahoo.com.
• Early bird registration for Columbia County Recreation Winter youth basketball, open for previous participants is Monday to Friday for a $10 discount on first and second children. It is online only at https://egov.columbiacountyga.gov/webtrac.
Regular registration is Oct. 22 to Nov. 9 at Patriots Park or online. Cost is $70 for first child, $60 for second child and $50 for third child. Call (706) 863-7523 or go to www.columbiacountyga.gov.
The Patriots Park Fall Disc Golf Challenge is Nov. 17. Beginner and intermediate divisions, limited to 30 participants, will play 18 holes beginning at 10 a.m. Registration is $15 and must be completed by Nov. 16 at the Patriots Park Administrative Office. Call (706)
Help support the Evans Knights Pop Warner football and cheer teams by using the Sparkle Car Wash on Washington Road, Evans. Use code 3047 during October.
• The 10U Georgia Lightning baseball team needs players for the upcoming season. Players can’t turn 11 before May 1. Contact Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
• The Georgia Frenzy fastpitch softball needs a few girls for its 16U roster. For more information, call Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753.
• Crushers fastpitch softball is having tryouts for the 2013 14U travel team. Players must be 14 or younger on Jan. 1, 2013, to be eligible. Call Tony Gallo at (706) 825-2269 for information. Players must be 14 or younger on Jan. 1, 2013, to be eligible.
• The 8U Machine Pitch Travel Team is seeking players. Players must be 8 or younger on May 1, 2013. Call Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
• The Columbia County Mudcats 11U travel baseball team needs two players experienced in pitching and catching. Call (706) 825-6690.
• The Columbia County 14U travel baseball team needs players. Pitching is a plus. Call (520) 904-8887.
• To try out for the Georgia Nitro 14U fastpitch travel team, call Bill Browning at (706) 860-7154 or e-mail PhyllisB1947@att.net.