The Evans Knights Pop Warner football and cheer teams will hold a car wash Saturday at the Sparkle Car Wash on Washington Road, Evans. Use code 3047, which is good for the whole month.
• The 10U Georgia Lightning baseball team needs players for the upcoming season. Players can’t turn 11 before May 1. Contact Billy Kelley at (706) 825-9898.
• Georgia Frenzy fastpitch needs girls for its 16U roster. Call Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753.
• Crushers fastpitch is having tryouts for the 14U travel team. Must be 14 or younger on Jan. 1, 2013. Call Tony Gallo at (706) 825-2269.
• The 8U Machine Pitch Travel Team is seeking players. Players must be 8 or younger on May 1, 2013. Call Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
• The Columbia County Mudcats 11U travel baseball team needs two players experienced in pitching and catching. Call (706) 825-6690.
• The Columbia County 14U travel baseball team needs players. Pitching is a plus. Call (520) 904-8887.
• To try out for the Georgia Nitro 14U fastpitch travel team, call Bill Browning at (706) 860-7154 or e-mail PhyllisB1947@att.net.
An informational meeting for the CSRA Heat girls and boys volleyball club will be held at 4 p.m. Oct. 21 at the Hull Fine Arts Center at Augusta Prep.
Travel teams and winter clinics for girls in third through 12th grade and boys 14 and under and 16 and under will be discussed.
The Columbia County Recreation Department has youth football nights at upcoming high school football games. Those wearing their recreation department team jersey will be admitted free. Games are Greenbrier vs. Warner Robins on Oct. 12., and Grovetown vs. Evans on Oct. 19.