The Columbia County Recreation Department has youth football nights at upcoming high school football games. Those wearing their recreation department team jersey will be admitted free. Games are Evans vs. Jefferson County, Sept. 21; Lakeside vs. Northside, Warner Robins, Sept. 28; Greenbrier vs. Warner Robins, Oct. 12.; Grovetown vs. Evans, Oct. 19. Youths running with Lakeside players at the Sept. 28 game must be at the field by 6:45 p.m.
• The Jenny Clark Memorial Scholarship Fund Golf Tournament will be Oct. 13 at the Bartram Trail Golf Club. Shotgun start is at 1 p.m. Cost is $280 per team or $70 per player. Thousands of dollars in prizes will be awarded. Call (706) 825-9151 or mail an entry form with check to Fatz Cafe, 464 North Belair Road, Evans, Ga., 30809.
• Register for the Sports Academy South, Inc. 2012 Boys and Girls Basketball Camp at Liberty Park Community Center in Grovetown. The camp is open to boys and girls ages 6 to 18 years old. Cost is $50 for the first child and $40 per additional sibling. The boys camp is Sept. 29 and the girls camp is Oct. 13 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Email email@example.com or call (706) 495-6663 or (305) 304-6887.
• Sports Academy South, Inc.’s speed and agility training camp is Monday and Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Liberty Park Community Center Go to www.sportsacademysouth.com, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (706) 495-6663.
• The Georgia Frenzy fastpitch softball needs a few girls for its 16U roster. For more information call Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753.
• Crushers fastpitch softball is having tryouts for the 2013 14U travel team. Must be 14 or younger on Jan. 1, 2013 to be eligible. Call Tony Gallo at (706) 825-2269.
• The 8U Machine Pitch Travel Team is seeking players. Players can’t be 9 before May 1, 2013. Call Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
• The Columbia County Mudcats 11U travel baseball team needs two players experienced in pitching and catching. Call (706) 825-6690.
• The Columbia County 14U travel baseball team needs players. Pitching is a plus. Call (520) 904-8887.
• To try out for the Georgia Nitro 14U fastpitch travel team, call Bill Browning at (706) 860-7154 or e-mail PhyllisB1947@att.net.