Registration is open for the Augusta Lacrosse Girls Fall 7v7 League, which will play from Sept. 19 to Nov. 10 at the Kelley Baseball Park on Old Petersburg Road. Games are Wednesdays from 4 to 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to noon. It is open to girls in grades 8-12. The cost is $75. Contact Mark Leszczynski at Leszczynski1111@gmail.com or (706) 799-9287.
The Columbia County Recreation Department has youth football nights at upcoming high school football games. Those wearing their recreation department team jersey will be admitted free. Games are: Evans vs. Jefferson County, Sept. 21; Lakeside vs. Northside, Warner Robins, Sept. 28; Greenbrier vs. Warner Robins, Oct. 12.; Grovetown vs. Evans, Oct. 19. Games begin at 7:30. Youths running with Lakeside players at the Sept. 28 game must be at the field by 6:45 p.m.
• Register now for a golf tournament at Gordon Lakes Golf Course, Sept. 24 at 11:30am, sponsored by the Marvin United Methodist Church Women. Cost is $60. To register by Sept. 20, contact Sandy at (706) 833-4093 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Margaret at (706) 210-0893 or email@example.com. Contact the church at (706) 863-0510.
• The Jenny Clark Memorial Scholarship Fund Golf Tournament will be Oct. 13 at the Bartram Trail Golf Club. Shotgun start is at 1 p.m. and the cost is $280 per team or $70 per player. Lunch by Fatz Cafe at noon, and thousands in prizes will be awarded. Call (706) 825-9151 or mail an entry form with check to Fatz Cafe, 464 North Belair Road, Evans, Ga., 30809.
• Register for the Sports Academy South, Inc. 2012 Boys and Girls Basketball Camp at Liberty Park Community Center in Grovetown. The camp is open to boys and girls ages 6 to 18 years old. Cost is $50 for the first child and $40 per additional sibling. The boys camp is Sept. 29 and the girls camp is Oct. 13 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (706) 495-6663 or (305) 304-6887.
• Sports Academy South, Inc.’s speed and agility training camp is Monday and Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Liberty Park Community Center in Grovetown. Go to www.sportsacademysouth.com, Email email@example.com or call (706) 495-6663.
• The Georgia Rockers fastpitch softball team has tryouts for the 2013 12U travel team at 2:30 p.m. on Sept. 16 at Patriots Park. Must be 12 or younger on Jan. 1, 2013 to be eligible. Call Ike Branch at (706) 373-9581.
• The Georgia Frenzy fastpitch softball needs a few girls for its 16U roster. For more information call Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753.
• Crushers fastpitch softball is having tryouts for the 2013 14U travel team. Must be 14 or younger on Jan. 1, 2013 to be eligible. Call Tony Gallo at (706) 825-2269 for information.
• The 8U Machine Pitch Travel Team is seeking players. Players can’t be 9 before May 1, 2013. Call Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
• The Columbia County Mudcats 11U travel baseball team needs two players experienced in pitching and catching. Call (706) 825-6690.
• The Columbia County 14U travel baseball team needs players. Pitching is a plus. Call (520) 904-8887.
• To try out for the Georgia Nitro 14U fastpitch travel team, call Bill Browning at (706) 860-7154 or e-mail PhyllisB1947@att.net.