Registration is open for the Augusta Lacrosse Girls Fall 7v7 League, which will play from Sept. 19 to Nov. 10 at the Kelley Baseball Park on Old Petersburg Road. Games are Wednesdays from 4 to 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to noon. It is open to girls in grades 8-12. Players must have their own equipment and the cost is $75. Contact Mark Leszczynski at Leszczynski1111@gmail.com or (706) 799-9287.
The Columbia County Recreation Department has youth football nights at upcoming high school football games. Those wearing their recreation department team jersey will be admitted free. Games are: Evans vs. Jefferson County, Sept. 21; Lakeside vs. Northside, Warner Robins, Sept. 28; Greenbrier vs. Warner Robins, Oct. 12.; Grovetown vs. Evans, Oct. 19. Games begin at 7:30. Youths running with Lakeside players to start the Sept. 28 game must be at the field by 6:45 p.m.
• Register now for a golf tournament at Gordon Lakes Golf Course, Sept. 24 at 11:30am, sponsored by the Marvin United Methodist Church Women. Cost is $60. To register by Sept. 20, contact Sandy at (706) 833-4093 or email@example.com or Margaret at (706) 210-0893 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact the church at (706) 863-0510.
• The Jenny Clark Memorial Scholarship Fund Golf Tournament will be Oct. 13 at the Bartram Trail Golf Club. Shotgun start is at 1 p.m. and the cost is $280 per team or $70 per player. Lunch is provided by Fatz Cafe at noon, and thousands of dollars worth of prizes will be awarded. Call Tom Clark at (706) 825-9151 or mail an entry form with check to Fatz Cafe, 464 North Belair Road, Evans, Ga., 30809.
• The Georgia Frenzy fastpitch softball needs a few girls for its 16U roster. For more information call Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753.
• Crushers fastpitch softball is having tryouts for the 2013 14U travel team. Call Tony Gallo at (706) 825-2269 for information. Must be 14 or younger on Jan. 1, 2013 to be eligible.
• The 8U Machine Pitch Travel Team is seeking players. Players can’t be 9 before May 1, 2013. Call Wesley Teston at (706) 306-4791.
• The CSRA Fall Basketball League for grades 3-12 is Sept. 8 to Oct. 20. League divisions are youth, middle school and high school. Register online at www.pqsports.net. Registration deadline is Sept. 3. Call (706) 533-6852.
• The Columbia County Mudcats 11U travel baseball team needs two players experienced in pitching and catching. Call (706) 825-6690.
• The Columbia County 14U travel baseball team needs players. Pitching is a plus. Call (520) 904-8887.
• To try out for the Georgia Nitro 14U fastpitch travel team, call Bill Browning at (706) 860-7154 or e-mail PhyllisB1947@att.net.