The Augusta Rowing Club will celebrate the 11th anniversary of National Learn to Row Day at the Boat House, 101 Riverfront Drive, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Cost for participants is a donation of a nonperishable food item for the Golden Harvest Food Bank. For information, go to: www.augustarowingclub.org.
Greenbrier High School Volleyball Camp is June 5-7 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the high school. It is open to fifth- through ninth-grade girls and costs $70. Applications are on the school Web site. Click on volleyball or call coach Debbie Born at (706) 650-6040, ext. 4152.
• The Mike Leverett softball clinic will be held at Patriots Park June 11-15 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. for rising second- through eighth-graders. Cost is $80. Camp applications can be picked up at the Columbia County Recreation Department or by email at Mike.Leverett@ccboe.net. For more, contact Leverett at (706) 836-6026.
• The inaugural Revvin’ It Up for the Lady Dogs softball fundraiser and motorcycle ride to benefit the Harlem High School softball team is July 15. Registration begins at noon, with the ride to the J. Strom Thurmond Dam and back starting at 2 p.m. from the high school. Live entertainment and fundraising events are 4 p.m.-6 p.m. Cost is $20 per driver and $5 per passenger. For information, email Nicole Lewis at Danyel.firstname.lastname@example.org or go to: www.edline.net/pages/Harlem_High_School/Athletics/Softball.
• The Greenbrier Hoops Camp is today through Friday from 8 a.m. to noon for rising fourth- through ninth-graders. Cost is $75. Contact: Casey Heckathorn at (706) 447-2106 ext. 3750 or at email@example.com. Applications can be downloaded from the Greenbrier High School Basketball Web page.
• The Lakeside High School Panther Basketball Camp is Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Lakeside High School for boys and girls ages 7-13. Cost is $80 per camper and includes a T-shirt, daily Bible study and lunch each day. For information, call (706) 863-0027, ext. 4354, or coach John Kucela at (706) 726-3039.
• A girls basketball camp is Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at Riverside Middle School for rising fourth- through eighth-graders. Cost is $75. Applications can be found at the Riverside Middle website under connections/Angela Shay. Contact Angela Shay at (706) 868-3712 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Evans High School Youth Basketball Camp is June 11-15 and June 25-29 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for boys and girls ages 6-14. Cost is $100 with lunch provided, or $85 if the child brings lunch. Contact Kevin Kenny at (706) 951-3686, (706) 863-1198 or email@example.com.
• The Dip Metress Basketball Academy is June 11-15 at Augusta State University. It runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9 a.m. to noon Friday, open to first- through 11th-grade boys and girls. Cost is $160. Contact ASU head men’s basketball coach Dip Metress at (706) 667-4765 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Evans Summer Baseball Camp is Monday through Thursday and June 18-21 from 9 a.m. to noon for ages 5 to 14. Cost is $80 per camper for one session or $140 for both. For more, email coach Ricky Beale at email@example.com.
• The 2012 Grovetown High School Baseball Summer Camp is June 11-14 from 9 a.m. to noon at the school’s baseball field, open to kindergartners through eighth-graders. Cost is $75 per camper and $25 for each additional sibling. Registration forms can be found on the school website, www.edline.net/pages/Grovetown_High, or campers can register June 11 beginning at 8:30 a.m. Call Mike Jones at (706) 447-2102, ext. 5833.
• The Greenbrier High School Baseball Clinic is June 25-26, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the school’s baseball field, open to second- through eighth-grade boys. Cost is $50 per person and $25 for each additional sibling. T-shirts, snacks and drinks are provided. Call (706) 650-6040, ext. 4151 for information.
• The First Event at Jones Creek Golf Club for the Augusta Junior Golf Tour is Thursday beginning at 8 a.m. Cost for members is $35 (18 holes) and $25 (nine holes). Nonmembers can play for $45 or $35, respectively. Parents can rent carts for $10 and juniors can become members of the AJGT prior to registering for the tournament. To register or for information, go to www.augustajuniorgolftour.com. Tee times will be posted on the Web site at 8 p.m. Wednesday. Those not signed up before 8 p.m. will be charged an additional $5.
• The Columbia County Choral Society golf tournament is June 11 at Jones Creek Golf Club. Check-in is 8 a.m. and shotgun start is 9 a.m. A $75 entry fee includes greens fees, cart, bucket of range balls and a barbecue lunch. To register, call Paul Schantz at (706) 650-1114 or go to www.ccchoralsociety.org.
•The Fourth Annual Grovetown High School Warrior Golf Classic is June 16 at Bartram Trail Golf Course starting at 9 a.m. Cost is $300 per team or $75 per person, with proceeds going to the high school’s athletic department. Registration deadline is June 14. Contact Todd Booker at (706) 910-9644 or (706) 447-2102.
• The 2012 Annual CSRA Parent-Child Championship is June 17 at the Bartram Trail Golf Club with shotgun start beginning at 1:30 p.m. Cost is $50 for Bartram Trail members and $90 for nonmembers. The event is open to all ages and abilities. Contact Robby Watson or John Carney at (706) 210-4681 or go to the event website at www.bartramtrailgolfclub.org.
• YMCA Golf Camps are June 18-21 and July 16-19, open to ages 5 through 17. The hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Held at Wedges and Woods Driving Range and Teaching Facility at 3731 Wrightsboro Road. On Thursdays there is a nine-hole tournament at Forest Hills Golf Club with golf cart and prizes included. Cost is $149. To register, contact Jay Brooks at (706) 830-2752 or www.augusta-golf-academy.com.
Riverside Middle School will hold football camp June 11-14 from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 for rising fifth- through eighth-graders from any school. Cost is $75. Contact Dan King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Augusta Lacrosse Club Inc. and East Coast Supreme By Flyte Lacrosse will hold summer camps at Patriots Park. Featured instructors will be from the Johns Hopkins University lacrosse team. For elementary and middle school pupils, the camp is June 8-9 and costs $150. Camp for high schoolers is June 11-13 and costs $250. Call Jeff Becker at (706) 627-9264, Steve Boe at (706) 339-1336 or Debra Sussman at (706) 829-9120.
Marshall Family Y fall soccer registration continues until June 24. A late fee of $15 after June 24 will be assessed. The age control date is Aug. 1. The U5 season is Aug. 13 to Oct. 5 and the U7 through U13 season is Aug. 6 to Oct. 13. Members are $40 and nonmembers are $60. Soccer league for ages 5 through 12 cost $55 for members and $75 for non-members.
Strength and Conditioning
There is a speed, strength and conditioning camp at Riverside Middle School July 9-13 from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. open to rising fourth- through eighth-graders. Cost is $75. Contact Tony Walsh at email@example.com.
Riverside Middle School, on Furys Ferry Road in Evans, will hold a cross country/5K camp. Phase one is July 16-20 from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. each day. Phase two is July 23-27 from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Both are open to rising fourth- through eighth-graders. Cost is $75 per phase or $120 for
both. Contact Tony Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Columbia County Mat Club is looking for students from elementary to high school wanting to learn wrestling in advance of the summer wrestling series. Practices are ongoing at Greenbrier High School and are held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-7:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. until noon. For information, contact coach Torres at email@example.com or coach Chavez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Registration is open for the Patriots Wrestling Camp held Monday through Friday at Westside High School from 9 a.m. until noon. The camp is open to first- through eighth-graders and no experience is needed. The camp’s emphasis is on teaching basic wrestling fundamentals. Cost is $45 per wrestler and includes a camp shirt. A family discount is available. For registration or more information, call (706) 399-3154.