CSRA Heat Volleyball Club will hold a series of skills clinics Sunday afternoons until March 18 at the Augusta Prep gyms for girls in fourth to 11th grades. Cost is $225. For information, go to www.csraheat.com.
• The third annual Military Intelligence Corps Association 10K Trail Run and 5K Walk will be held March 10 at Fort Gordon. Race-day registration starts at 7 a.m. and the race begins at 8 a.m. For details, visit www.mica10krun.com.
• Run With The Bulls 5K will be held March 10 at Blanchard Woods Park. The race will benefit the Wounded Warrior Project, the Children’s Medical Center and the Bulls Scholarship Fund. Register online at strictlyrunning.com or at active.com. Entry fee is $30. For more, call (706) 312-7415.
The all-new Gordon Park Speedway is open for go-cart, car and motocross racing. General admission is $15. Gates open at 3 p.m. Saturday, with racing starting at 5 p.m. For more, go to www.gordonparkspeedway.net.
The Bartram Trail Men’s Golf Association will be hosting a “BUBBA” Tournament Saturday at 9 a.m. Signup deadline is Thursday. Entry fee for the one player-two ball event is $30. Threesomes will be made with a random draw. For details, contact John Carney at email@example.com or (706) 840-4029.
• The Health Service Auxiliary, a non-profit group, will be hosting the 16th Annual Fisher House Golf Tournament on March 23 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course on Fort Gordon. The proceeds benefit the local Fort Gordon Fisher House. Register by March 16. Cost is $75 per player, $300 per team. Cost includes round of golf, lunch, light supper, T-shirt, range balls, and free nine-hole round of golf for future play at Gordon Lakes Golf Course. There will be a silent auction and prizes available. Registration and lunch begin at 10:30 am., with a shotgun start at noon. For more information or to register, go to www.tournevents.com/FHGT2012 or call (706) 787-7100.
• The “Father D” Memorial Right-to-Life Golf Tournament will be held April 21, with a shotgun start at 1 p.m., at the Bartram Trail Golf Course. Tournament organizers currently are seeking hole sponsors. Sponsorships cost $100. Organizers also are seeking contributors for awards and prizes. Those interested should call Mike Hamilton at (706) 868-6067 or John Vigna at (706) 650-7618.
• Best 9 Sponsored GA Hammers are looking for five-to-seven dedicated 11- and 12-year-old players for its upcoming spring travel ball season. Contact Jason Cunningham at (706) 627-1154 or Robbie Wachman at Best Nine Sports Academy (706) 993-6689. There will be workouts at Best Nine Academy March 3 at 10 a.m.
• The Georgia Frenzy Fastpitch softball organization is looking for several girls to round out a 16-Under team. Call Earl McKinley at (706) 825-1753 or Tony Bonitatibus at (706) 951-6525, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Columbia County Chaos 12-U travel baseball team is seeking players for the 2012 season. Players must be 12 or under on May 1. For information, call Trevor Adkins at (706) 284-7379.
• The 11-U Venom baseball from Martinez-Evans is looking for guest players for the 2012 season. Must have experience with travel ball and catcher position a plus. Players cannot turn 12 before May 1. For more, call David Fulcher at (706) 869-9955.
• Greenbrier High School hosts The Jessica Mendoza Experience: A Softball and Life Skills Clinic from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. March 17. Olympic softball two-time medalist Jessica Mendoza will teach fundamentals of the game as well as strength and agility training and nutrition. The cost is $85 per participant and space is limited. For information, email Will Mackelburg at email@example.com or call (912) 506-8448.
• The Columbia County Recreation Department will hold an organizational meeting for its Spring Adult Softball League 6 p.m. March 8. It will be held in the scoring tower of the Patriots Park. Anyone wishing to enter a team should have a representative at this meeting. For more, call (706) 863-7523.
The AAU 15- to 17-year-old Showtime teams of Columbia County are looking for players to fill out their rosters. Contact Thomas Scott at (706) 496-8544, (757) 303-4397 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easter Seals East Georgia is partnering with the Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA) to host the “Easter Seals Disc Golf Classic” on April 28 at the PDGA International Disc Golf Center at Wildwood Park. The event will consists of rounds of disc golf for teams and individuals. Cost is $40 for individuals and $150 for teams of four, with proceeds benefitting people with disabilities. Awards will be given to the top five winners of each division. Lunch and dinner will be provided. Registration begins in March at pdga.com. Contact Jillian Fritz at JRumbaugh@esega.org or at (706) 667-9695.