Greenbrier High School will hold its Christmas Clinic for boys in grades 2-8 on Dec. 19-20 on the school’s baseball fields and in the indoor hitting facility. It will run from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. daily. Instructors will include the program’s coaching staff; coaches from outside the program; and former players. Cost is $75, and $25 for additional siblings. Team rates are available. Fee includes snacks and cold drinks, a T-shirt and an autograph session with instructors. Call (706) 650-6040, ext. 5807.
The Jingle Jam 10K Run/Walk 2011 benefiting SafeHomes of Augusta will be held Dec. 3 at 8 a.m. Cost is $35 for online registration or $40 on Dec. 2 from 1-8 p.m. during race expo/packet pick-up at Evans Towne Center Park. All participants will receive a long-sleeved Dri-Fit T-shirt, a souvenir bag, a 12-month calendar, jingle bells for their shoes and giveaways. The costume contest winner will receive a cash prize, while the top male and female runner will receive a watch from Windsor Fine Jewelers. Runners can register at www.raceit.com/register/?event=6396, while volunteers can register at www.raceit.com/register/?event=6638.
Thanksgiving Soccer School will be held Monday-Nov. 23 at Evans Towne Center Park. The free camp for ages 6-12 and all ability levels will run from 12:30-2 p.m. The camp is run by Augusta Arsenal coaches and college players. Contact Tom Norton at (706) 854-0149 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A golf tournament will be held Thursday at Gordon Lakes Golf Club on Fort Gordon. The event is being held prior to the 324th ESB’s deployment to Afghanistan, and military personnel, Department of Defense personnel and civilians are invited to play. The entry fee is $45, which covers greens fees, cart fee, range balls, lunch and awards. Registration is at 10:30 a.m., followed by a noon start. Contact Staff Sgt. Christian Jones at (706) 791-9903 or email@example.com.
Rec league registration
Grace Baptist Church of Evans is holding registration for Upward Sports basketball for those in kindergarten to sixth grade and cheerleading for those in pre-kindergarten to sixth grade. Cost is $80. It increases to $90 after Saturday. Deadline is Monday. Multiple sibling discount is $5 per child, and a military discount is offered to children of a deployed parents and guardians. Call (706) 868-9729 or go to www.gbce.net.
• The Team Power Basketball Academy’s All-N-One Holiday Basketball Camp will be held Monday through Nov. 23 and Dec. 19-23 at Patriots Park. The camp for boys and girls ages 4-17 will run from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Cost is $90 and includes a T-shirt and lunch. Register online at www.augustapower.org. Contact Greg Williams at (706) 533-6852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The annual CSRA Middle School Thanksgiving Classic will be held Nov. 25-26 at Patriots Park. It will feature boys and girls teams from Georgia and South Carolina and will have public and private school divisions. To register, go to https://lineage.wufoo.com/forms/m7x3p9 or call Dameon Key at (706) 831-3109.
• The AAU 15- to 17-year-old Showtime basketball teams of Columbia County are looking for players to fill out their rosters. Contact Thomas Scott at (706) 496-8544, (757) 303-4397 or email@example.com.
• The Predators 10U travel baseball team is seeking players for the upcoming fall season. For information, visit www.predatorstravelball.com or call Craig at (706) 831-4276, Ryan at (706) 830-8944, or Brandon at (706) 339-5154.
• A 10U travel ball team is looking for one or two players with pitching experience. Those interested cannot turn 11 before May 1. Call (706) 836-2520.
The Augusta Diving Club is training any high school students who wish to dive for their high school team. No experience is necessary. The season runs until February for those who qualify for state. All practices are held at the Augusta Aquatics Center. Contact Jim Tingen at (706) 726-6805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MACH Academy is looking for volunteers. The academy, which operates out of Fleming Tennis Center in South Augusta, provides year-round programs and services, including academic and tutoring support, computer literacy, nutrition, and fitness and tennis instruction. Call (706) 796-5046 or email email@example.com.