The information meeting for the CSRA Heat Volleyball Club traveling teams and developmental clinics will be held Oct. 30 at 3 p.m. at the Hull Fine Arts Center at Augusta Preparatory Day School on Flowing Wells Road in Martinez. Programs are designed for girls in grades 4-12. Registration for tryouts is online at www.csraheat.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Columbia County Recreation and Events Department will hold beginners clinics Nov. 7, 14 and 21 at Patriots Park for boys and girls ages 8-12. Age control date is Nov. 1. The cost is $50 per child and includes a free lacrosse stick. The clinics are limited to the first 50 participants. Instructors are members of the Augusta Lacrosse Association. Registration will be held through Friday at Patriots Park. Call (706) 863-7523.
• The Marshall Family Y is looking for volunteer lacrosse coaches for the fall season. Contact Justin Goolsby at (706) 922-9658 or email@example.com.
• The Columbia County Recreation and Events Department will hold youth winter basketball registration Monday through Nov. 10. Registration is available at Patriots Park or online at https://egov.columbiacountyga.gov/vsi/vsiwebtrac.html. Age control date is Jan. 1. Registration fee is $70, $60 and $50 for the first, second and third child, respectively. For out-of-county participants, the registration fee is $130, $110 and $90 for the first, second and third child, respectively. Call (706) 863-7523 or go to www.columbiacountyga.gov.
• The Annual CSRA Middle School Thanksgiving Classic will be held Nov. 25-26 at Patriots Park. It will feature boys and girls teams from Georgia and South Carolina and will have public and private school divisions. Each team will play one game per day. To register, go to https://lineage.wufoo.com/forms/m7x3p9 or call Dameon Key at (706) 831-3109.
HUNTforLIFE, a nonprofit group that provides hunting and fishing adventures to children with life-threatening illnesses, is planning a benefit golf tournament Thursday at Jones Creek Golf Club. The event begins with lunch at noon and follows with a 1 p.m. shotgun start. Sponsorships are available, and donations are needed for tournament and door prize items. Contact the group at (706) 955-3174 or firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.huntforlife.com.
• The AAU 15- to 17-year-old Showtime basketball teams of Columbia County are looking for players to fill out their rosters. Contact Thomas Scott at (706) 496-8544, (757) 303-4397 or email@example.com.
• The Predators 10U travel baseball team is seeking players for the upcoming fall season. Practices are held at Patriots Park or other designated fields. Tryout and other information is available at www.predatorstravelball.com or by calling Craig at (706) 831-4276, Ryan at (706) 830-8944, or Brandon at (706) 339-5154.
• The Venom 11U travel baseball team from the Martinez-Evans area is looking for one experienced player for the upcoming fall season. Players cannot turn 12 before May 1. Call David at (706) 869-9955 or Johnny at (706) 228-1993.
• A 10U travel ball team is looking for one or two additional players with pitching experience. Those interested cannot turn 11 before May 1. Call (706) 836-2520.
The Augusta Diving Club is training any high school students who want to dive for their high school team. No experience is necessary. The season runs until February for those who qualify for state. All practices are held at the Augusta Aquatics Center. Contact Jim Tingen at (706) 726-6805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MACH Academy is looking for volunteers. The academy, which operates out of Fleming Tennis Center in South Augusta, provides year-round programs and services, including academic and tutoring support, computer literacy, nutrition, and fitness and tennis instruction. Call (706) 796-5046 or email email@example.com.