The information meeting for the CSRA Heat Volleyball Club traveling teams and developmental clinics will be held Oct. 30 at 3 p.m. at the Hull Fine Arts Center at Augusta Preparatory Day School on Flowing Wells Road in Martinez. Programs are designed for girls in grades 4-12. Registration for tryouts is online at www.csraheat.com. Email email@example.com.
• The Columbia County Recreation and Events Department will hold beginners clinics Nov. 7, 14 and 21 at Patriots Park for boys and girls ages 8-12. Age control date is Nov. 1. The cost is $50 per child and includes a free lacrosse stick. The clinics are limited to the first 50 participants. Instructors are members of the Augusta Lacrosse Association. Registration will be held through Oct. 28 at Patriots Park. Call (706) 863-7523.
• The Marshall Family Y is looking for volunteer lacrosse coaches for the fall season. Contact Justin Goolsby at (706) 922-9658 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Columbia County Recreation and Events Department will hold youth winter basketball registration Monday through Nov. 10. Early-bird registration for previous participants will be available Monday through Friday online at https://egov.columbiacountyga.gov/vsi/vsiwebtrac.html. Regular registration is available at Patriots Park, online or at Academy Sports and Outdoors on Saturday from 9 a.m. until noon. Cash or check only will be accepted at Academy. Age control date is Jan. 1. Registration fee is $70, $60 and $50 for the first, second and third child, respectively. For out-of-county participants, the registration fee is $130, $110 and $90 for the first, second and third child, respectively. Call (706) 863-7523 or go to www.columbiacountyga.gov.
• The inaugural Eagle Sports Tip-Off Classic, featuring Augusta State University Jaguars Alumni vs. Eagles and Friends, will be held Saturday at 7 p.m. at Aquinas High School. Events will start at 6 p.m. and will include the Eagles middle school squads scrimmages, a 3-point contest and the featured game. Former Augusta basketball stars William Avery and Keenan Mann will be on hand. Advance tickets are $5 and include a free hot dog, chips and drink. Tickets are $5 at the door. Go to www.tipoffclassic.net.
• The High School Rising Superstar Camp will be held Saturday from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. at Patriots Park. The showcase event will feature college coaches at the Division II and III levels. Cost is $95 per player. Contact Dameon Key at (706) 831-3109 or email@example.com, or call C.L. Butler at (843) 455-1893.
• The Annual CSRA Middle School Thanksgiving Classic will be held Nov. 25-26 at Patriots Park. It will feature boys and girls teams from Georgia and South Carolina and will have public and private school divisions. Each team will play one game per day. To register, go to https://lineage.wufoo.com/forms/m7x3p9 or call Dameon Key at (706) 831-3109.
• The Evans High School baseball team will hold its annual golf tournament Saturday at Gordon Lakes Golf Club. It begins at 11:15 a.m. with lunch and a shotgun start at 12:45 p.m. Entry fee is $60 per player or $240 for a four-man team. Hole sponsorships are available for $100. Proceeds benefit the baseball program. Call coach Ricky Beale at (706) 863-1198, ext. 4054.
• HUNTforLIFE, a nonprofit group that provides hunting and fishing adventures to children with life-threatening illnesses, is planning a benefit golf tournament Oct. 27 at Jones Creek Golf Club. The event begins with lunch at noon and follows with a 1 p.m. shotgun start. Sponsorships are available, and donations are needed for tournament and door prize items. Contact the group at (706) 955-3174 or firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.huntforlife.com.
• The AAU 15- to 17-year-old Showtime basketball teams of Columbia County are looking for players to fill out their rosters. Contact Thomas Scott at (706) 496-8544, (757) 303-4397 or email@example.com.
• The Predators 10U travel baseball team is seeking players for the upcoming fall season. Practices are held at Patriots Park or other designated fields. Tryout and other information is available at www.predatorstravelball.com or by calling Craig at (706) 831-4276, Ryan at (706) 830-8944, or Brandon at (706) 339-5154.
• A 10U travel ball team is looking for one or two additional players with pitching experience. Those interested cannot turn 11 before May 1. Call (706) 836-2520.