• The Monster Dash 5K Race will be held at Blanchard Woods Park on Saturday. Registration will be held at 7 a.m., followed by the race at 8 a.m. Call Ken at (706) 312-7402.
• Registration is under way for the third annual WSI-United Way 10K River Run, set for Oct. 22 in North Augusta. The event, which begins at 9 a.m. at Riverview Park, includes a 10K run, a 5K walk, and a 1-mile Kids Fun Run, along with music, a silent auction and "goody bags" for participants. Registration is $30 or $10 for the Fun Run. Registration is available on race day; online at www.active.com or www.strictlyrunning.com; or by phone at (803) 952-7521.
• The Augusta Area Dietetic Association will play host to the first Autumn Acorn Fall Bike Ride for Kids on Oct. 22. The ride is designed to increase awareness about the epidemic of obesity among school-aged children. The 5.5-mile course starts at the canal parking area at Lake Olmstead. Riders are encouraged to wear a helmet. Registration is $10, which includes a T-shirt. Raffle tickets will be given to children who donate a canned good to It's Spooky to be Hungry. Registration begins at 9 a.m. on race-day, but pre-registration is also available. Call Iris McDuffie at (706) 627-5864.
The information meeting for the CSRA Heat Volleyball Club traveling teams and developmental clinics will be held Oct. 30 at 3 p.m. at the Hull Fine Arts Center at Augusta Preparatory Day School in Flowing Wells Road in Martinez. All new and returning families are encouraged to attend. Programs are designed for girls in grades 4-12. Registration for tryouts is online at www.csraheat.com. Email email@example.com.
• The Columbia County Recreation and Events Department will hold beginners lacrosse clinics Nov. 7, 14 and 21 at Patriots Park for boys and girls ages 8-12. Age control date is Nov. 1. The cost is $50 per child and includes a free lacrosse stick. The clinics are limited to the first 50 participants. Instructors are members of the Augusta Lacrosse Association. Registration will be held through Oct. 28 at Patriots Park. Call (706) 863-7523.
• The Marshall Family Y is looking for volunteer lacrosse coaches for the upcoming fall season. Contact Justin Goolsby at (706) 922-9658 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Columbia County Recreation and Events Department will hold youth winter basketball registration Oct. 24 until Nov. 10. Early-bird registration for previous participants will be available Oct. 17-21 online at https://egov.columbiacountyga.gov/vsi/vsiwebtrac.html. Regular registration is available at Patriots Park, online or at Academy Sports and Outdoors on Oct. 22 from 9 a.m. until noon. Cash or check only will be accepted at Academy. Age control date is Jan. 1. Registration fee is $70, $60 and $50 for the first, second and third child, respectively. For out-of-county participants, the registration fee is $130, $110 and $90 for the first, second and third child, respectively. Call (706) 863-7523 or go to www.columbiacountyga.gov.
• The High School Rising Superstar Camp will be held Oct. 22 from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. at Patriots Park. The showcase event will feature college coaches at the Division II and III levels. Cost is $95 per player. Contact Dameon Key at (706) 831-3109 or email@example.com, or call C.L. Butler at (843) 455-1893.
• The Annual CSRA Middle School Thanksgiving Classic will be held Nov. 25-26 at Patriots Park. It will feature boys and girls teams from Georgia and South Carolina and will have public and private school divisions. Each team will play one game per day. To register, go to https://lineage.wufoo.com/forms/m7x3p9 or call Dameon Key at (706) 831-3109.
• The Evans High School baseball team will hold its annual golf tournament Oct. 22 at Gordon Lakes Golf Club. The event will begin at 11:15 a.m. with lunch and a shotgun start will follow at 12:45 p.m. Entry fee is $60 per player or $240 for a four-man team. Hole sponsorships are available for $100. All proceeds benefit the baseball program. Call coach Ricky Beale at (706) 863-1198, ext. 4054.
• HUNTforLIFE, a nonprofit group that provides hunting and fishing adventures to children with life-threatening illnesses, is planning a benefit golf tournament Oct. 27 at Jones Creek Golf Club. The event begins with lunch at noon and follows with a 1 p.m. shotgun start. Sponsorships are available, and donations are needed for tournament and door prize items. Contact the group at (706) 955-3174 or firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.huntforlife.com.
• The Predators 10U travel baseball team is seeking players for the upcoming fall season. Practices are held at Patriots Park or other designated fields. Tryout and other information is available at www.predatorstravelball.com or by calling Craig at (706) 831-4276, Ryan at (706) 830-8944, or Brandon at (706) 339-5154.
• The Venom 11U travel baseball team from the Martinez-Evans area is looking for one experienced player for the upcoming fall season. Players cannot turn 12 before May 1. Call David at (706) 869-9955 or Johnny at (706) 228-1993.
• A 10U travel ball team is looking for one or two additional players with pitching experience. Those interested cannot turn 11 before May 1. Call (706) 836-2520.
The Augusta Diving Club is training any high school students who want to dive for their high school team. No experience is necessary. The season starts this month and runs until February for those who qualify for state. All practices are held at the Augusta Aquatics Center. Contact Jim Tingen at (706) 726-6805 or email@example.com.
MACH Academy is looking for volunteers. The academy, which operates out of Fleming Tennis Center in South Augusta, provides year-round programs and services, including academic and tutoring support, computer literacy, nutrition, and fitness and tennis instruction. Call (706) 796-5046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.