American Legion Post 192 will a casino fundraiser Saturday, Feb. 22, 3-7 p.m. at the post, 275 Legion Drive, Evans. Open to the public, 18 yeasr and older. Only 150 tickets are available. $25 in advance, $30 at the door. For more information, call Cathy Rice at (706) 860-4001.
The Augusta Mall Fashion Board is accepting applications for new Fashion Board members for the 2014 year.
Fashion Board members serve as ambassadors for the mall in the community and at mall events. Applications are currently available online at AugustaMall.com, in the mall office, or with students’ high school guidance counselors.
Shepeard Community Blood Center will be holding the following blood drives this month:
Wednesday, Feb. 19, 3-7 p.m., Harlem United Methodist Church, 115 Milledgeville Road, Harlem.
Sunday, Feb. 23, 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m., New Hope Worship Center, 715 S. Old Belair Road, Grovetown.
Tuesday, Feb. 25, 4:30-7:00 p.m., Ansley at Town Center Apartments, 1000 Alder Way, Evans.
Contestant interviews are underway for the 2014 Ms. Senior Georgia-Carolina Pageant to be held Sept. 6 at the Kroc Center.The pageant is open to ladies of the CSRA (both Georgia and South Carolina) who are 55 years of age or above. Please contact Pat Schlipp at (706) 664-3896 for further details.
The Riverwalk Toastmasters Public Speaking and Leadership club meets Mondays at 7 p.m. in the University Hospital Education Wing, Third Floor, room 3. Visit the Web site 7106.toastmasterclubs.org for more information, or call Sharma Pogula at (706) 855-1081.
Weekly wine tastings are held 4:30-6:30 p.m. Fridays and 1-6 p.m. Saturdays at Vineyard Wine Market, 4414 Evans to Locks Road, in Evans. Call (706) 922-9463, or
Evans Christian Academy will host open houses on March 11 and April 22 at 7 p.m. at the school, 213 S. Old Belair Road in Grovetown. Come see the school, meet the teachers, and tour the facility. Call (706) 364-3565 for more information.
Augusta Christian Singles meets at the Ballroom Dance Center, 525 Grand Slam Drive, off Evans-to-Locks Road, from 7-11 p.m. Saturdays. Cost is $8 for members, $10 for guests. Call Barbara Nash at (803) 640-2075.
Columbia County Orchestra and Columbia County Youth meet weekly. Musicians needed. For more information, go online to www.columbiacco.org.
• The Grovetown Senior Center is seeking volunteer drivers to deliver meals to shut-ins. Call (706) 210-8699.
• Regency Hospice is seeking volunteers. Training is provided. Call Nancy Browning at (706) 868-4422.
• Golden Harvest Food Bank is seeking volunteers to help sort donations in the warehouse. Call (706) 736-1199.
• Safe Kids East Central Georgia is seeking volunteers to help with events such as car-seat and bicycle checks, and to lead programs that teach safety to children and teens. Training is provided by Safe Kids. Call (706) 721-7606.
• Volunteer opportunities are available at the Columbia County Library in Evans. Call (706) 863-1946, or e-mail jthompson@columbia
• The American Cancer Society’s Augusta chapter is seeking drivers for its Road to Recovery program, which provides transportation to cancer patients. Call (706) 731-9900.
Fort Gordon’s Survivor Outreach Services, for families of deceased soldiers, is available at (706) 787-4767 or www.myarmyonesource.com.
The Women’s Veterans Club meets at 11 a.m. the first Saturday of each month. Dues cost $24 per year. Call April Starks at (706) 868-5601 for more information.
The Grovetown Lions Club offers financial assistance for qualifying Grovetown residents to purchase eyeglasses. Write to Grovetown Lions Club Eyeglass Program, P.O. Box 248, Grovetown, GA 30813.
Doctors Hospital offers a variety of classes each month. Call (706) 651-2450, or go to www.doctors-hospital.net.
The Georgia Forestry Commission, Columbia County Unit, offers advice to Columbia County residents on whether their homes would be in danger from brush or wildfires. Call (706)
Columbia County Cares Food Pantry is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 1959 Appling Harlem Highway, Appling. Call (706) 541-2834.