Mosaic United Methodist Church’s Celebrate Recovery program holds weekly sessions at the church, 678 Columbia Industrial Blvd., Evans. The women’s group meets at 6:30 p.m. and the men’s group meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays. A Men’s Accountability group meets at 8 p.m. Mondays. Call (706) 877-6468, or go to www.
The Watson-Brown Foundation Inc. is accepting scholarship applications for 2014-2015 awards. One of the region’s largest scholarship programs, the foundation will award 200 scholarships of up to $5,000 for 2014-2015. To be eligible, students must be from certain counties in Georgia and South Carolina and plan to attend any four-year, accredited college in the country. The scholarship application deadline is Feb. 15. Details, including the online application, may be found at www.watson-brown.org/scholarship.
Evans Youth Theatre will present Anne Arky at 7:30 p.m., Dec. 7 at Evans Middle School, 4785 Hereford Farm Road, Evans. The comic play is about a high school drama club preparing for its opening night of Anne of Green Gables. Tickets are $10 for adults and $6 for students, 5 and under free. Tickets available at: www.evansyouththeatre.org or purchase at the door.
Greater Columbia County Republican Women will meet Dec. 12 at Be My Guest Catering and Events, 4216 Washington Road, Evans (next to Academy Sports). The guest speaker is Georgia Attorney General Sam Olen. The $12 buffet dinner also includes coffee, iced tea and dessert. Social and dinner begins at 6 p.m., the meeting at 7 p.m. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or (706) 294-5100 by Dec. 10.
The Appling Opry will feature a double-header program Saturday, Dec. 14. Acts include the “Roscoe F. Perry Male Choir” from First Mount Carmel Baptist Church in Appling and Rabon Creek, a bluegrass band from Laurens, S.C. Show starts at 6:30 p.m. at 5701 Whiteoak Road. Admission is free.
Boy scouts spaghetti dinner
Boy Scout Troop 108 will hold a spaghetti supper fundraiser from 2 to 7 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 14, at Grovetown Baptist Church, 108 W. Robinson Ave., Grovetown. Tickets are $6 and can be purchased at the door. For more information, call Ed Shannon at (706) 832-4911 or Dale Stoddard at (706) 564-4685.
Two Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups meet in Columbia County.
• Alzheimer’s Association, 106 SRP Drive, Evans: 6:30 p.m., second Tuesday each month. Call (706) 860-4599.
• Brandon Wilde, 4275 Owens Road: 6:30 p.m., third Tuesday each month. Call (706) 854-3519.
The Columbia County Choral Society needs singers. Rehearsals are at First Baptist Church of Evans. Call (706) 650-2311 or go to www.ccchoralsociety.org.
The Marine Corps League Riverfront Marines Detachment 2 meets on second Thursdays at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 1002 Carolina Ave., North Augusta, with dinner at 6 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m.
Augusta Christian Singles meets at the Ballroom Dance Center, 525 Grand Slam Drive, off Evans-to-Locks Road, from 7-11 p.m. Saturdays. Cost is $8 for members, $10 for guests. Call Barbara Nash at (803) 640-2075.
The Columbia County Orchestra meets weekly. Musicians needed. For more, go to www.columbiacco.org
Columbia County Youth meets weekly. Musicians needed. For more, go to www.columbiacco.org
Fort Gordon’s Survivor Outreach Services, for families of deceased soldiers, is available at (706) 787-4767 or myarmyonesource.com.
The Women’s Veterans Club meets at 11 a.m. the first Saturday of each month. Dues cost $24 per year. Call April Starks at (706) 868-5601 for more information.
The Grovetown Lions Club offers financial assistance for qualifying
Grovetown individuals in the purchase of eyeglasses. Write to Grovetown Lions Club Eyeglass Program, P.O. Box 248, Grovetown, GA 30813.
• The Grovetown Senior Center is seeking volunteer drivers to deliver meals to shut-ins in the Grovetown area. Call (706) 210-8699.
• Regency Hospice is seeking volunteers. Training is provided. Call Nancy Browning at (706) 868-4422.
• Golden Harvest Food Bank is seeking volunteers to help sort donations in the warehouse. Call (706) 736-1199.
• Safe Kids East Cen-tral Georgia is seeking volunteers to help with events such as car-seat and bicycle checks, and to lead programs that teach safety to children and teens. Training is provided. Call (706) 721-7606.
• Volunteer opportunities are available at the Columbia County Library in Evans. Call (706) 863-1946, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The American Cancer Society’s Augusta chapter is seeking drivers for its Road to Recovery program, which provides transportation to cancer patients. Call (706) 731-9900.
Doctors Hospital offers a variety of classes each month. Call (706)
651-2450, or go to www.doctors-hospital.net.
The Georgia Forestry Commission, Columbia County Unit, offers advice to Columbia County residents on whether their homes would be in danger from brush or wildfires. Call (706) 556-3962.
Celebrate Recovery meets at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at The Sanctuary Church, 302 Byrd Road, Evans. Call (706) 421-0089.
Columbia County Cares Food Pantry is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 1959 Appling Harlem Highway, Appling. Call (706) 541-2834.