McTier Family Reunion
Descendants of Kendall McTier are invited to the 24th annual Kendall McTier Family Association Reunion on Saturday, Sept. 28, at Reedy Creek Baptist Church, 1128 Reedy Creek Baptist Church Road, Stapleton, Ga., just off Georgia Highway 17 between Wrens and Thomson. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m., followed by a program at 11 a.m. and covered-dish lunch at noon. Dress is casual. For more information, contact Steven or Sandy McTier at (478) 956-8998.
Simple Faith, “Northern Ireland’s favorite gospel quintet” will perform at 6 p.m., Sept. 29, at Trinity Baptist Church, 4594 Columbia Road, Martinez. For more information contact Martha Bartles, (706) 829-5628 or the Church Office, (706) 863-1222.
Helping Hands Thrift Store, operated by the Columbia County Foundation for Children at 6347 Columbia Road, Appling, is open 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. first Saturdays.
Marvin United Methodist Church will hold its third annual Best Golf Ball Golf Tournament Sept. 27. Cost is $60 per person or $240 per team. Includes lunch, golf cart, balls, mulligans, prizes and drawings. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 20. Proceeds will go to Community Outreach programs and replenish Scholarship Fund.
Meeting space is available to community groups at no charge at Mosaic United Methodist Church, 478 Columbia Industrial Blvd., Evans. E-mail email@example.com, or call (706) 650-9187.
Shepeard Community Blood Center will hold a blood drive 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday at the Grovetown Walmart, 5010 Steiner Way.
The Awakening Faith Program at Saint Teresa of Avila Catholic Church, Grovetown, will begin at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 3. Awakening Faith is an adult learning and faith-sharing program for inactive and marginally active Catholics looking to reunite with their Catholic family or just to advance in their spirituality. Please contact: Mary Soparas at firstname.lastname@example.org or Deacon Joe Soparas at email@example.com., or call (706) 364-9289 for more information.
Mosaic United Methodist Church’s Celebrate Recovery program holds weekly sessions at the church, 678 Columbia Industrial Blvd., Evans. The women’s group meets at 6:30 p.m. and the men’s group meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays. A Men’s Accountability group meets at 8 p.m. Mondays. Call (706) 877-6468, or go to www.mosaicumc.org.
Three Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups meet in Columbia County.
• Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church, 5555 Hereford Farm Road: 7 p.m., second Tuesday each month. Call (706) 541-0085 or (706) 541-0185.
• Morningside of Evans, 353 N. Belair Road: 11 a.m., second Saturday each month. Call (706) 228-4709.
• Brandon Wilde, 4275 Owens Road: 7 p.m., third Tuesday each month. Call (706) 854-3519.
The Columbia County Choral Society needs singers. Rehearsals are at First Baptist Church of Evans. Call (706) 650-2311 or go to www.ccchoralsociety.org. Marine League
The Marine Corps League Riverfront Marines Detachment 2 meets on second Thursdays at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 1002 Carolina Ave., North Augusta, with dinner at 6 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m. Contact Paul Brewer at (706) 306-6667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MCG Breast Cancer Support Group meets the second Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at MCGHealth Cancer Center, 1411 Laney-Walker Blvd. Call (706) 721-4109 or go to www.mcghealth.org.
Augusta Christian Singles meets at the Ballroom Dance Center, 525 Grand Slam Drive, off Evans-to-Locks Road, from 7-11 p.m. each Saturday. Cost is $8 for members, $10 for guests. Call Barbara Nash at (803) 640-2075.
Columbia County Orchestra meets weekly. Musicians needed. For more information, go to www.columbiacco.org
Columbia County Youth meets weekly. Musicians needed. For more information, go to www.columbiacco.org
An ostomy support group meets at 6 p.m. on second Mondays at
Barney’s Pharmacy on Peach Orchard Road in Augusta. Call (706)
Fort Gordon’s Survivor Outreach Services, for families of deceased soldiers, is available at (706) 787-4767 or myarmyonesource.com.
The Women’s Veterans Club meets at 11 a.m. the first Saturday of each month. Dues cost $24 per year. Call April Starks at (706) 868-5601.
The Grovetown Lions Club offers financial assistance for qualifying
Grovetown individuals in the purchase of eyeglasses. Write to Grovetown Lions Club Eyeglass Program, P.O. Box 248, Grovetown, GA 30813.
• The Grovetown Senior Center is seeking volunteer, licensed drivers with their own vehicles to deliver meals to shut-ins in the Grovetown area. Call (706) 210-8699.
• Regency Hospice is seeking volunteers. Training is provided. Call Nancy Browning at (706) 868-4422.
• Golden Harvest Food Bank is seeking volunteers to help sort donations in the warehouse. Call (706) 736-1199.
• Safe Kids East Central Georgia is seeking volunteers to help with events such as car seat and bicycle checks, and to lead ongoing programs that teach safety to children and teens. Training is provided. Call (706) 721-7606.
• Volunteer opportunities are available at the Columbia County Library in Evans. Call Jessica Thompson at (706) 863-1946, or e-mail email@example.com.
• The American Cancer Society’s Augusta chapter is seeking volunteer drivers for its Road to Recovery program, which provides transportation to cancer patients. Call (706) 731-9900.
Doctors Hospital offers a variety of classes each month. Call (706) 651-2450, or go to www.doctors-hospital.net.
The Georgia Forestry Commission, Columbia County Unit, offers advice to Columbia County residents on whether their homes would be in danger from brush or wildfires. Call (706) 556-3962.
Celebrate Recovery meets at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at The Sanctuary Church, 302 Byrd Road, Evans. Call (706) 421-0089
Columbia County Cares Food Pantry has changed our days and hours. We are now open Monday Through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.