Blue Ribbon Riders, 987 Reynolds Farm Road in Grovetown, is taking applications for new riders and volunteers for its fall session of hippotherapy and adaptive riding lessons. New rider evaluations are Wednesday and volunteer training session is Monday. Call (706) 854-0644.
Shepeard Community Blood Center will hold a blood drive 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday at the Grovetown Wal-mart, 5010 Steiner Way.
Helping Hands Thrift Store, operated by the Columbia County Foundation for Children at 6347 Columbia Road, Appling, is open 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. first Saturdays.
Three rooms of meeting space are available to community groups at no charge at Mosaic United Methodist Church, 478 Columbia Industrial Blvd., Evans. E-mail gerilyn@
mosaicumc.org, or call (706) 650-9187.
The Columbia County Choral Society is seeking singers. Rehearsals are at First Baptist Church of Evans. Call (706) 650-2311 or go to www.ccchoral
Safe Kids East Central Georgia conducts free child safety seat inspections on the second Wednesday of each month at the Columbia County Sheriff’s Office Substation, 650 Ronald Reagan Drive, Evans. Call (706) 541-3970 or go to www.mcghealth.org.
The Awakening Faith Program, at Saint Teresa of Avila Catholic Church, Grovetown, will begin at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 3. Awakening Faith is an adult learning and faith-sharing program that invites and outreaches to inactive Catholics and marginally active Catholics looking to reunite with their Catholic family or just to advance in their spirituality. Please contact: Mary Soparas at firstname.lastname@example.org or Deacon Joe Soparas at email@example.com., or call (706) 364-9289 for more information.
The Mosaic United Methodist Church’s Celebrate Recovery program holds weekly sessions at the church, 678 Columbia Industrial Blvd., Evans. The women’s group meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays and the men’s group meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays. A Men’s Accountability group meets at 8 p.m. Mondays.
Call (706) 877-6468, or go to
Three Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups meet in Columbia County.
• Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church, 5555 Hereford Farm Road: 7 p.m., second Tuesday each month. Call (706) 541-0085 or (706) 541-0185.
• Morningside of Evans, 353 N. Belair Road: 11 a.m., second Saturday each month. Call (706) 228-4709.
• Brandon Wilde, 4275 Owens Road: 7 p.m., third Tuesday each month. Call (706) 854-3519.
The Marine Corps League Riverfront Marines Detachment 2 meets on second Thursdays at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 1002 Carolina Ave., North Augusta, with dinner at 6 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m. Contact Paul Brewer at (706) 306-6667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MCG Breast Cancer Support Group meets the second Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at MCGHealth Cancer Center, 1411 Laney-Walker Blvd. Call (706) 721-4109 or go to www.mcghealth.org.
Augusta Christian Singles meets at the Ballroom Dance Center, 525 Grand Slam Drive, off Evans-to-Locks Road, from 7-11 p.m. each Saturday. Cost is $8 for members, $10 for guests. Call Barbara Nash at (803) 640-2075.
The Columbia County Volunteer Orchestra rehearses weekly. The Columbia County Youth Orchestra is in need of players. For more information go to www.columbiacco.org.
An ostomy support group meets at 6 p.m. on second Mondays at
Barney’s Pharmacy on Peach Orchard Road in Augusta. Call (706)
Fort Gordon’s Survivor Outreach Services, for families of deceased soldiers, is available at (706) 787-4767 or myarmyonesource.com.
The Women’s Veterans Club meets at 11 a.m. the first Saturday of each month. Dues cost $24 per year. Call April Starks at (706) 868-5601.
The Grovetown Lions Club offers financial assistance for qualifying
Grovetown individuals in the purchase of eyeglasses. Write to Grovetown Lions Club Eyeglass Program, P.O. Box 248, Grovetown, GA 30813.
• The Grovetown Senior Center is seeking volunteer, licensed drivers with their own vehicles to deliver meals to shut-ins in the Grovetown area. Call (706) 210-8699.
• Regency Hospice is seeking volunteers. Training is provided. Call Nancy Browning at (706) 868-4422.
• Golden Harvest Food Bank is seeking volunteers to help sort donations in the warehouse. Call (706) 736-1199.
• Safe Kids East Central Georgia is seeking volunteers to help with events such as car seat and bicycle checks, and to lead ongoing programs that teach safety to children and teens. Training is provided. Call (706) 721-7606.
• Volunteer opportunities are available at the Columbia County Library in Evans. Call Jessica Thompson at (706) 863-1946, or e-mail email@example.com.
• The American Cancer Society’s Augusta chapter is seeking volunteer drivers for its Road to Recovery program, which provides transportation to cancer patients. Call (706) 731-9900.
Doctors Hospital offers a variety of classes each month. Call (706) 651-2450, or go to www.doctors-hospital.net.
The Georgia Forestry Commission, Columbia County Unit, offers advice to Columbia County residents on whether their homes would be in danger from brush or wildfires. Call (706) 556-3962.
Celebrate Recovery meets at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at The Sanctuary Church, 302 Byrd Road, Evans. Call (706) 421-0089
Columbia County Cares Food Pantry has changed our days and hours. We are now open Monday Through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.