• Augusta Day Aglow will meet 10 a.m., Tuesday at Springlakes club house, 104 Springlakes Dr., Martinez. The speakers will be Rachel Niske, a recent graduate from Potter’s House for Women, and Nancy Robinette, a member of the Aglow Prison Ministry Team. For information call (706) 925-7164 or email:AugustaAglow@gmail.com.
• The Columbia County Republican Party will host a breakfast at 8:30 a.m., Saturday at FATZ Café, 464 N. Belair Road, Evans. The speaker will be 10th U.S. Congressional District candidate Steven Simpson. Breakfast is $7 and no RSVP is required.
• GAATP-CSRA Chapter monthly meeting will be 8 a.m., August 8, at Augusta Metro Federal Credit Union on Davis Road. The program will be a round table discussion of your concerns.
Helping Hands Thrift Store, operated by the Columbia County Foundation for Children at 6347 Columbia Road, Appling, is open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. first Saturdays.
Three rooms of meeting space are available to community groups at no charge at Mosaic United Methodist Church, 478 Columbia Industrial Blvd., Evans. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (706) 650-9187.
The Clothes Closet at Marvin United Methodist Church, 4400 Wheeler Road at South Belair Road, is open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays for donations. Clothes are donated to the needy. Call (706) 863-0510.
USA Dance Chapter 6074 holds monthly dances at the Elks Lodge in Martinez. Call (803) 270-5470 or go to www.augustadancing.org.
Celebrate Recovery meets at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at The Sanctuary Church, 302 Byrd Road, Evans. Call (706) 421-0089.
The Leah High School and Community Museum, located at the Martinez-Columbia Fire Rescue station at 3653 Ray Owens Road, in Appling, will open on the seconnd Sunday of each month beginning Aug. 2-5 p.m., or Tuesdays by appointment. Donations of archival and historical material still are being sought. Call (706) 541-0043 .
The Columbia County Choral Society is open to all singers in the area. Rehearsals are held at First Baptist Church of Evans. Call (706) 650-2311 or go to www.cc
The Augusta Elks Club, off Furys Ferry Road in Martinez, holds a dance with a live band each Friday at 8 p.m. Cost is $10 per person. Call (706) 564-1642.
Safe Kids East Central Georgia conducts free child safety seat inspections on the second Wednesday of each month at the Columbia County Sheriff’s Office Substation, 650 Ronald Reagan Drive, Evans. Call (706) 541-3970 or go to www.mcghealth.org.
Mosaic United Methodist Church’s Celebrate Recovery program holds weekly group sessions at 7 p.m. each Friday at the church at 678 Columbia Industrial Blvd., Evans. Call (706) 877-6468, or go to www.mosaicumc.org.
The MCG Breast Cancer Support Group meets on the second Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the first-floor community room at the MCGHealth Cancer Center, 1411 Laney-Walker Blvd. Call (706) 721-4109 or go to www.mcghealth.org.
The Columbia County Civic Orchestra holds weekly rehearsals 7:15-9:15 p.m. Mondays in the music suite at West Acres Baptist Church, 555 Gibbs Road, Evans. Returning and new musicians are welcome. The Youth Orchestra holds rehearsals 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays in the Augusta Christian band room, 313 Baston Road. Call Rob Nordan at (706) 860-6573, ext. 114, or go to www.columbiacco.org.
Augusta Christian Singles meets at the Ballroom Dance Center, 525 Grand Slam Drive, off Evans-to-Locks Road, from 7-11 p.m. each Saturday. Cost is $8 for members, $10 for guests. Call Barbara Nash at (803) 640-2075.
The Marine Corps League Riverfront Marines Detachment 1132, meets the second Thursday of each month at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 1002 Carolina Ave., North Augusta, with dinner at 6 p.m. and the meeting at 7 p.m. Contact Paul Brewer at (706) 306-6667 or email@example.com.
An ostomy support group will meets at 6 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at Barney’s Pharmacy on Peach Orchard Road in Augusta. Call (706) 798-5645.
Fort Gordon’s Survivor Outreach Services, for families of deceased soldiers, is available at (706) 787-4767 or at myarmyonesource.com.
Three Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups meet in Columbia County.
• Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church, 5555 Hereford Farm Road: 7 p.m., second Tuesday each month. Call (706) 541-0085 or (706) 541-0185.
• Morningside of Evans, 353 N. Belair Road: 11 a.m., second Saturday each month. Call (706) 228-4709.
• Brandon Wilde, 4275 Owens Road: 7 p.m., third Tuesday each month. Call (706) 854-3519.
The Women’s Veterans Club meets at 11 a.m. the first Saturday of each month. Dues cost $24 per year. Call April Starks at (706) 868-5601.
The Grovetown Lions Club offers financial assistance for qualifying Grovetown individuals in the purchase of eyeglasses. Write to Grovetown Lions Club Eyeglass Program, P.O. Box 248, Grovetown, GA 30813.
• The Grovetown Senior Center is seeking volunteer, licensed drivers with their own vehicles to deliver meals to shut-ins in the Grovetown area. Call (706) 210-8699.
• Regency Hospice is seeking volunteers. Training is provided. Call Nancy Browning at (706) 868-4422.
• Golden Harvest Food Bank is seeking volunteers to help sort donations in the warehouse. Call (706) 736-1199.
• Safe Kids East Central Georgia is seeking volunteers to help with events, such as car seat and bicycle checks, and to lead ongoing programs that teach safety to children and teens. Training is provided. Call (706) 721-7606.
• Volunteer opportunities are available at the Columbia County Library in Evans. Call Jessica Thompson at (706) 863-1946, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The American Cancer Society’s Augusta chapter is seeking volunteer drivers for its Road to Recovery program, which provides transportation to cancer patients. Call (706) 731-9900.
Doctors Hospital offers a variety of classes each month. Call (706) 651-2450, or go to www.doctors-hospital.net.
The Georgia Forestry Commission, Columbia County Unit, offers advice to Columbia County residents on whether their homes would be in danger from brush or wildfires. Call (706) 556-3962.
Columbia County food pantry
Columbia County Cares Food Pantry has changed our days and hours. We are now open Monday Through Friday from 10am to 2pm.