Witch hazel doesn’t just come in bottles; it also grows on trees
A new Columbia County park provides the venue for a slate of new community events.
Friends of the Columbia County Libraries is holding a sale on paperback books for 50 cents. The used book store at the Evans library also needs donations of books, CDs and DVDs. Magazines, textbooks and encyclopedias are not accepted.
The Alpha Epsilon Chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa, a society of women educators, is accepting applications for the $750 Bohannon-Birdsong annual scholarship, offered to high school seniors and current college students. Applications are available by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is March 5.
The Marshall Family Y will hold a free Parent’s Night Out for children of deployed service members ages 2-12 from 6-9:30 p.m. Jan. 28. For reservations, call (706) 364-3269 or go to www.thefamilyy.org.
The Sanctuary Church, 4584 Cox Road, Evans, is offering the Financial Peace program starting at 4 p.m. today at the church. For information, call (706) 364-8284, or go to www.mysanctuary.org.
Charlotte Ritchie will perform in concert at 6 p.m. today at Pine View Baptist Church, 115 Pleasant Home Road.
Shepeard Community Blood Center will hold blood drives during January at the following dates and locations:
• Today, Wesley United Methodist Church, 825 N. Belair Road, Evans, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Westmont Elementary School, 4558 Oakley Pirkle Road, Martinez,
• Wednesday, Harlem United Methodist Church, 115 Milledgeville Road, Harlem, 3-7 p.m.
• Wednesday, Greater Augusta Apostolic Church, 4406 Wrightsboro Road, Grovetown, 5-8:30 p.m.
• Friday, Morningside Assisted Living, 353 N. Belair Road, Evans, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Jan. 22, New Hope Worship Center, 715 S. Old Belair Road, Grovetown, 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Jan. 28, Walmart, Grovetown, 5010 Steiner Way, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For information, go to www.shepeardblood.org.