• The Area II spelling bee will be held Jan. 10 at 4:30 p.m. in the North Augusta High School auditorium.
• An informational meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 5 for North Augusta area schools at North Augusta Elementary School.
POSITION: Point guard and shooting guard
SCHOOL: North Augusta Middle
WHY DID YOU CHOOSE BASKETBALL? My dad introduced the game to me and I've loved it ever since.
• Victory Christian vs. Southside Christian, 6 p.m.
• Fox Creek High at Hunter-Kinard-Tyler High, 6 p.m.
• North Augusta High (junior varsity girls) vs Greenbrier, 3 p.m.
• Fox Creek High at Westminster, 3:30 p.m.
Citizen of the Year nominations
The Greater North Augusta Chamber of Commerce is accepting nominations for Citizen of the Year.
Nominees should be a resident of North Augusta. Past recipients cannot be nominated.
I watched a flitting butterfly
So colorful and bright,
Flutter through the flower bed
A rust red, ivory sight.
He flew by the daisies
Without a glance at the rose
He passed the lilies and daffodils
And landed on my nose.
BEHIND THE VEIL MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
• Prayer group meets at 11 a.m. Fridays in the sanctuary.
BELVEDERE FIRST BAPTIST
• The men's prayer breakfast is at 7 a.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of the month at Sunrise Grill.
Code Compliance: October reports
Business license inspections: 0
Inoperable vehicle: 2
Out of state tags: 0
Property maintenance: 9
Recreational vehicles: 1
Rollcarts left in roadway: 141
Rollcart removal fees: $705
Swimming pools: 0
Vehicles/equipment posted for ...