FIRST MONDAYS: 6:30 p.m., American Legion Auxiliary Unit 71 meets at 333 E. Spring Grove Ave.; call Linda Smiley at (803) 279-5074
MONDAYS AND THURSDAYS: 7-9 p.m. Mondays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays; St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church, 471 W.
As Congress returns to session this week, one of the most pressing issue that should be addressed is the Affordable Care Act, said U.S. Rep. Joe Wilson during a press conference Friday at the Greater North Augusta Chamber of Commerce.
Toys among items stolen
A North Augusta man reported Dec. 30 that several items were taken from his driveway between Dec. 28 and 30, including several children's items, according to a North Augusta Public Safety incident report.
The Hampton Terrace drew the rich and the famous to North Augusta and had a large economic impact on the area, said organizers of the fourth annual Toast to the Hampton Terrace's 14th Season - The Season That Never Was.
NAME: Summer Travis
SCHOOL: Fox Creek High
FAVORITE CLASS: Art
FAVORITE LUNCH: Peanut butter sandwich
FAVORITE P.E. ACTIVITY: Basketball
HOBBIES: Listening to music, drawing and singing
A ROLE MODEL OF MINE IS: my mom.
• The South Carolina Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities is accepting applications through today for its 2014 summer programs and the 2014-15 school year. For details and requirements, visit www.scgsah.org.
Are you looking to trim your budget this year? Have you thought of all of the different ways to do this? Once you have an idea what you have, then you can have a better idea of what you can cut out or cut down on.
• Paul Knox Middle at LBC, 5:30 p.m.
• North Augusta Middle at Jackson, 5:30 p.m.
• Victory Christian vs North Walterboro Christian Academy, 4 p.m.
• Fox Creek High at Ridge Spring-Monetta, 6 p.m.