• North Augusta Middle at Paul Knox Middle, 5:30 p.m.
• North Augusta High (junior varsity girls) at Greenbrier, 4 p.m.
• North Augusta High (junior varsity boys) at Greenbrier, 5:30 p.m.
• North Augusta High (varsity girls) at Greenbrier, 7 p.m.
SCHOOL: Hammond Hill Elementary
FAVORITE CLASS: Spelling
FAVORITE LUNCH: Spaghetti, applesauce and chocolate milk
FAVORITE P.E. ACTIVITY: Exercise
HOBBIES: Going outside
A ROLE MODEL OF MINE IS: my best friend.
• The Aiken County Public Schools school board was recognized Dec. 1 by the South Carolina School Boards Association for its legislative advocacy efforts during the 2012 legislative session.
BEHIND THE VEIL MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
• Prayer group meets at 11 a.m. Fridays in the sanctuary.
BELVEDERE FIRST BAPTIST
• The men's prayer breakfast is at 7 a.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of the month at Sunrise Grill.
Long, long ago a gift from Heaven
Arrived on earth that men might know
That God had smiled, looked down upon us
For he had a plan to save our souls
A birth took place in a lowly stable
And the mother’s heart was full of pride
But she could not see the years before him
And she knew not how h...
Community Ministry of North Augusta Thrift Store, 646 E. Buena Vista Ave., is currently having sales on Christmas items and clothing.
Through Saturday, all clothing is 50 percent off. Through Dec. 29, all Christmas items are 50 percent off.
An eighth-grade Merriwether Middle School pupil placed in the NFL Punt, Pass & Kick competition held recently during the Atlanta Falcons's game against the Carolina Panthers.
Keeley Marchant placed second in the girls' ages 12-13 category.
Hospital limits visits to patients
Georgia Health Sciences Medical Center and Children's Medical Center is temporarily limiting visits to help prevent the spread of the influenza virus and other respiratory illnesses.
MONDAYS AND THURSDAYS: 7-9 p.m. Mondays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays; meeting of the Pieceful Hearts Quilting Guild; open to all ages; more than 100 women in the guild teach those who want to learn how to quilt; St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church, 471 W.