The 24th annual Mayor's Prayer Luncheon will be held at noon May 2 at the North Augusta Community Center.
The speaker is the Rev. Dr. John M. Younginer Jr., pastor emeritus at Grace United Methodist Church.
MONDAYS AND THURSDAYS: 7-9 p.m. Mondays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays; meeting of the Pieceful Hearts Quilting Guild; open to all ages; women in the guild teach quilting; St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church, 471 W.
The first year the RECing Crew organized Sweet Celebrations, executive director Pam Stickler saw a pleasant surprise.
"A line of people was wrapped around the building waiting to get in," Stickler said of the event, which was held at the Acacia Lodge.
• Fox Creek High at Silver Bluff, 6 p.m.
• Fox Creek High vs. Abbeville, 6 p.m.
• North Augusta High vs. Silver Bluff, 4 p.m.
• North Augusta High at Midland Valley, 4 p.m.
BEHIND THE VEIL MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
• Prayer group meets at 11 a.m. Fridays in the sanctuary.
BELVEDERE FIRST BAPTIST
• Women's Ministry Craft Night is Friday from 6 to 9:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall.
SCHOOL: North Augusta High
WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TENNIS? I saw it on TV and liked it.
WHAT IS THE MOST DIFFICULT THING TO DO IN TENNIS? The mental game and not getting frustrated.
No need to panic, God’s still in control
And he knows his children down to the last soul
The world may be changing but He changes not
For He still remembers each soul that He bought
Your name was etched on his mind at the cross
Your sins were forgiven, you were no longer lost
This world may be tr...