• The South Carolina Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities is accepting applications through today for its 2014 summer programs and the 2014-15 school year. For details and requirements, visit www.scgsah.org.
Are you looking to trim your budget this year? Have you thought of all of the different ways to do this? Once you have an idea what you have, then you can have a better idea of what you can cut out or cut down on.
• Paul Knox Middle at LBC, 5:30 p.m.
• North Augusta Middle at Jackson, 5:30 p.m.
• Victory Christian vs North Walterboro Christian Academy, 4 p.m.
• Fox Creek High at Ridge Spring-Monetta, 6 p.m.
Hearts and homes were warmed Friday and Saturday during the fourth year of Project Weatherization and Repair Ministry of Grace United Methodist Church.
Project Vision of the Aiken County United Way supplied the funding.
Girl Scouts cookie sales begin Friday
Area Girl Scouts pre-order and door-to-door cookie sales will begin Friday and continue through March 17, according to a news release from the South Carolina -Mountains to Midlands Council.
Boxes are $3.
Sin is rampart as it covers this earth
From beginning of time even at the Lord’s birth
Then some held their power with lies and deceit
Ignoring God’s word and Christian belief
Now time passes forward over two thousand years
And Christians must huddle as they face many fears
For they can’t spe...
GRIFFIN, Ga. - Republican gubernatorial challenger David Pennington said a key to his plans to cut state spending is a constitutional amendment limiting how much a person can get from doctors and hospitals for medical mistakes.
Officials expect to have at least two bids to build a hospital in Columbia County by Friday's deadline, if not more.
Commission Chairman Ron Cross said that all bids must be submitted by Friday and he expects some might come in at the last minute.