A swimming pool supply company and a small boutique are among several businesses that have opened recently in Columbia County.
Leslie’s Poolmart Inc., an Arizona-based retailer specializing in pool and spa supplies, opened a store at 4324 Washington Road in Evans, next to Five Guys Burgers and Fries.
“We try to place our stores where the pool owners are and we see an opportunity with this new area,” said Lyndsay Clements, the company’s director of marketing, in an email.
The new store is about 2,400 square feet and employs three to four people, Clements said.
The Leslie’s store at 2825 Washington Road in Augusta will remain open, Clements added.
Other businesses opening recently include:
• Ivy Boutique and Gifts, 536 Grand Slam Drive, off Evans-to-Locks Road at the railroad tracks in Evans.
The 1,800-square-foot store sells women’s clothing, jewelry, accessories and gifts from designers such as Susan Shaw and Judith March.
• Anytime Fitness, 107 E. Robinson Ave., Grovetown.
The fitness club, specializing in allowing members 24-hour access to the facility, is the third in Columbia County owned by Tommy and Tammy Garner. The couple also own a fourth facility in North Augusta.
Businesses opening soon include:
• Big Frog Custom T-Shirts and More, in Mullins Crossing.
The franchise business sells custom T-shirts with no art or setup fees and no minimum orders.
• The Tackle Shop, 4009 Columbia Road, Martinez.
• MeowTown, a cat-boarding facility opening in May at 218 Baston Road, Martinez.