It was a stinky, smouldering mess Tuesday morning in an Evans subdivision after a garbage truck dumped a burning load in the street.
Columbia County Fire Rescue firefighters were called shortly before noon to the 4300 block of Marshall Way in the One Marshall Place subdivision, off North Belair Road.
The Waste Management garbage truck had dumped the load after it caught fire, and firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze. Workers are now cleaning up the trash from the street.
It appears the fire started with a power saw, which was burned, but no one knows how.