No one was injured in an early morning fire Monday, Nov. 26, that destroyed a Martinez home.
Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at 3648 Westwood Drive at about 12:30 a.m. and found heavy smoke and fire coming from the back of the home, said Martinez-Columbia Fire Rescue Batt. Chief Brent Willis. Firefighters quickly got the blaze under control.
A room addition on to the rear of the home, owned by Roy and Evelyn Walters, was destroyed. The rest of the house was extensively damaged by fire, smoke and water, Willis said.
The fire started near a fireplace in the addition, Willis said.