• Comment

Teen arrested for stealing paint and marbles

Posted: June 1, 2012 - 11:29am  |  Updated: June 1, 2012 - 11:36am
Sean Nicholas Wasnich, 17, of Grovetown  Columbia County Sheriff's Office
Columbia County Sheriff's Office
Sean Nicholas Wasnich, 17, of Grovetown

Twitter @DonnieFetter

Columbia County authorities recently arrested a Grovetown teen for shoplifting paint and marbles from the Evans Walmart.

On Thursday, the sheriff’s office charged Sean Nicholas Wasnich, 17, of the 1600 block of Sweet Meadow Lane, with misdemeanor shoplifting.

A loss prevention officer for the store at 4469 Washington Road told sheriff’s deputies that on May 16 someone concealed four cans of spray paint and three bags of marbles in a book bag then exited without paying. When she tried to stop him, the loss prevention officer said he ran into the parking lot, got into a green Ford truck and fled.

Surveillance video shows Wasnich with another male in the store about the time of the theft. Sheriff’s Capt. Steve Morris said that 15-year-old also was charged with misdemeanor shoplifting, but not booked into the jail.

Wasnich already has posted an $1,100 bond and been released from the Columbia County Detention Center.

  • Comment

Comments (2)



Sean didn't run away and take off in his truck. Also, it really is sickening how the media tells a story and doesn't have the correct facts. Even the detective who came to our home said, he should only be charged "guilt by association". Sean has never done anything even close to this, straight A student and never been a trouble maker. Nobody's perfect and it's no surprise how people are quick to judge a person without even knowing them. Everyone has made mistakes! The spray paint, marbles and book bag don't even belong to him. This was a set-up, and I'm sure there is more important news than this!

tricia wasnich

Barry Paschal

Our information comes from the police report

The information we report comes from the official police incident report. If you believe anything in the report to be in error, contact the sheriff's office to file a complaint.