Columbia County will be exceptionally busy through the rest of the week with numerous activities scheduled:
• Columbia County Arts Inc.’s annual Art in the Park will be held 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Columbia County Amphitheater behind the library in Evans. Admission is free. Participation in the sidewalk chalk art contest, with cash prizes, costs $15. For information, go to www.columbiacountyarts.org.
• Grammy Award-winning jazz guitarist Earl Klugh will perform at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Jabez Sanford Hardin performing arts center. A limited number of tickets are still available by calling (706) 726-0366, or at www.augustaamusements.com.
• The Augusta Chorale Spring Concert will be held at 4 p.m. Sunday at the Gilbert-Lambuth Chapel of Paine College. Tickets cost $15, $5 for students, and are available by calling (706) 830-0991.
• The Maj. Gen. Ambrose R. Wright camp of the Sons of Confederate Veterans will commemorate Confederate Memorial Day at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Columbia County Confederate Memorial Monument behind the library in Evans.
• Lake Crossing Health Center in Appling will celebrate Janette Kelley Day at 2:30 p.m. Friday. The long-time Columbia County historian will be joined by author Barbara Seaborn to discuss their books about Columbia County.
• First Baptist Church of Evans, on Belair Road at Washington Road, will hold its monthly Time Out luncheon at 11:50 a.m. Thursday. Cost is $6, and reservations are required by noon Wednesday at (706) 863-1228, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Author and comedian Joey Hancock will be the featured speaker for the wild game supper at Parkway Baptist Church, 2543 William Few Parkway, at 7 p.m. Friday. For information, e-mail mike
• Parkway Baptist Church, 2543 William Few Parkway, Evans, will hold a mother/daughter brunch at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, with LuAnn Prater from Proverbs 31 ministries. Admission is free, with reservations requested by calling Kimberly Poss at (706) 945-1540.
• Augusta Old Line Primitive Baptist Church, 3646 Old Petersburg Road, Martinez, will hold its annual Sacred Harp Singing from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, preceded by a singing lesson at 9:30 a.m. and followed by a luncheon at noon. Call Agnes Roberts at (706) 798-6410, or Joyce Heath at (706) 868-5262.
• Gospel Water Branch Baptist Church, 703 Furys Ferry Road, Evans, will hold a Women’s Seminar starting at 8 a.m. Saturday. Cost is $5 per person. Call (706) 860-7091.
• During May, Sparkle Express Car Wash on Belair Road is donating a portion of any car wash of $9.99 or more to Boy Scout Troop 122 for customers who use code 4041. The Scouts also will hold a bake sale at the car wash from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
• The annual Tribute to Mothers benefit for breast cancer patients will be held Friday at Savannah Rapids Pavilion. For tickets or sponsorship information, call (706) 860-8127.
• The second annual Rides for Strides, benefiting Fort Gordon’s Fisher House, will begin with registration at 10 a.m. Saturday at VFW Post 6445, 6423 Wrightsboro Road, Harlem. For information, call (706) 556-9194.
• Georgia Health Sciences Children’s Medical Center will present the free Kohl’s Cares Asthma Event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Kohl’s, 4227 Washington Road, Evans. For information, call Jennifer Anderson at (706) 721-3225, or go to www.georgiahelath.org/kohlscares.
• Columbia County Board of Elections will hold voter registration drives 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the IGA at 110 Harlem Grovetown Road, Grovetown; May 12 at K-Mart, 3830 Washington Road, Martinez; May 19 at the IGA at 575 W. Milledgeville Road, Harlem; and May 26 at the Circle K, 1825 Appling Harlem Road, Appling.
• The third annual CSRA Mustang Club Mustang and Ford Show will begin with registration at 8 a.m., and the show from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Evans Towne Center Park. Registration costs $25 after April 29. Proceeds benefit Columbia County Animal Services. Call Don Blackstock at (706) 825-1674, or go to www.csramc.org.
• A gathering of area children’s writers will be held from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday at the Augusta Library, 823 Telfair St., Meeting Room A. For information, email Sherri Rivers at email@example.com.