Current weather

  • Clear sky
  • 41°
    Clear sky
  • Comment

Local history

Posted: July 19, 2014 - 11:02pm  |  Updated: July 20, 2014 - 12:11am
The Lewis homestead, shown in the 1940s after a snowstorm, was located in the Lewiston Community (formerly Sardis) where Lewiston Elementary School is today. Lou Ann Penland can be seen on the steps. The Columbia County News-Times is assisting a local group to establish a digital photo archive of life in Columbia County prior to 1960. Photos that depict school activities or show buildings or businesses that are no longer around are of particular interest. E-mail photos to staff photographer Jim Blaylock at jim.blaylock@augustachronicle.com or deliver them to the Columbia County News-Times at 4272 Washington Road in the Publix Shopping Center. Photos will be copied and returned.   Photo courtesy of Lou Ann Penland.
Photo courtesy of Lou Ann Penland.
The Lewis homestead, shown in the 1940s after a snowstorm, was located in the Lewiston Community (formerly Sardis) where Lewiston Elementary School is today. Lou Ann Penland can be seen on the steps. The Columbia County News-Times is assisting a local group to establish a digital photo archive of life in Columbia County prior to 1960. Photos that depict school activities or show buildings or businesses that are no longer around are of particular interest. E-mail photos to staff photographer Jim Blaylock at jim.blaylock@augustachronicle.com or deliver them to the Columbia County News-Times at 4272 Washington Road in the Publix Shopping Center. Photos will be copied and returned.
  • Comment

Follow News-Times:

News-Times Video »

CONTACT US

  • Main: 706-868-1222
  • Fax: 706-823-6062
  • Email: cnt@newstimesonline.com
  • 4272 Washington Rd, Suite 3B, Evans, Ga. 30809

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES