Mark and lmira Roper built Roper's Crossroads in 1948 on the corner of Belair and Columbia roads. They lived in right side until a house was built in 1952. The Columbia County News-Times is assisting a local group to establish a digital photo archive of life in Columbia County prior to 1960. Photos that depict school activities or show buildings or businesses that are no longer around are of particular interest. Email photos to staff photographer Jim Blaylock at email@example.com or deliver them to the Columbia County News-Times at 4272 Washington Road in the Publix Shopping Center. Photos will be copied and returned.