Nancy Blanchard and William Paschal, members of the Columbia County Historical Society, are making sure the history of the old Leah High School is not forgotten. They have contributed items to the Leah Museum, which is attached to fire station No. 16 on Ray Owens Road.
The museum opened in 2010 after an effort to restore the arch, which led to the school, was completed.
Both Blanchard and Paschal have fond memories of the time they spent at the school, which graduated its last senior class in 1949. The school’s lower school classes closed in 1956.